Whether you’re one for parties on the beach, camping trips, or just entertaining at home, a portable BBQ is a must-have. It lets you entertain from anywhere you can imagine.
In the spotlight today are outdoor picnics. Here’s how you can use the portable BBQ to take your picnics to the next level.
Choose the right accessories
Accessories make it possible for you to grill a range of meals and serve your guests’ top-quality food. Here are some examples of accessories to consider:
- Instant read thermometer and smart temperature hub to show you the internal temperature of your food. You’ll never burn or overcook your food.
- Grill grates to prevent flare-ups when cooking extra fatty foods and ensure your food cooks evenly.
- Grill cover. Best for those windy days to maintain the internal temperature of the food; it’s also a great way to prevent dirt from accumulating on your food while you’re cooking.
- Portable BBQ grill cart to increase your working space and keep all your utensils within reach. You’ll cook faster and be more organised, ensuring that your guests eat on time.
Once you have all the accessories you need, it’s time to decide on your meal plan.
Get the right food
Depending on who you’re entertaining, the traditional hamburgers and hot dogs may not be enough to impress. So here are several ideas to try:
These are small sandwiches made from Italian rolls (you hollow out the centre) and fill with:
- Grilled sweet apple slices
- Cooked green beans
- Dijon mayo sauce
You can make this with salmon, lamb, steak, or pork. Simply mix the following:
- Ground espresso
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
Then drizzle some oil onto the steak, rub the coffee mix for 2 to 4 minutes, and grill on both sides.
Potatoes are one of the easiest, most convenient meals to prepare. Boil them in salt and then grill until they are brown on both sides. Add some bacon and let the drippings fall on the potatoes to create a wonderful explosion of flavour for an exciting variation.
If you’re hosting a vegan BBQ, you can play around with some mushroom ideas – season to taste and grill. Serve with hamburger rolls or as part of an antipasto delight.
Get the right grill
All your plans will flop if you choose the wrong grill. Trust Home Heat and BBQ for all your Weber BBQs.
Charcoal BBQs are ideal when it comes to portable entertaining. Here are some features you should look for to ensure your picnics and outdoor grills are always on point:
- Porcelain enamel lid & bowl for improved heat control.
- Ash catcher to ensure you leave the picnic venue clean.
- Rust-free vents.
- Glass-reinforced handles for improved aesthetics and extra strength. They won’t break when you’re lifting the grill.
Check out our Weber range of portable grills and get ready to make your next picnic a smashing success.