Without a doubt, Weber kettle BBQ’s are an Australian icon. Over 50 years ago, the first weber BBQ was built, and it changed our attitudes towards BBQ’s forever. For the first time people were able to roast whole joints of meat, with a delicious barbecue flavour thanks to the indirect cooking system unique to Weber Kettle BBQ’s. Even today it’s that incredible flavour you get from a Weber BBQ that still distinguishes it from any other BBQ on the market.
Weber BBQ’s are known for spectacular food and memorable entertaining.
Thanks to the Weber Gourmet Barbecue System you can build your own outdoor charcoal cooking system. Start with a 57cm heavy gauge cooking grill. This grill has a removable insert, in place of the insert you can add ANY of the Weber Gourmet Barbeque System accessories. The hinged cooking grill is designed to accommodate all the Gourmet Barbeque System accessories, this means that what you can cook on your Webber Kettle BBQ is limited only by your imagination.
- 2 thick salmon fillets, skinless and boneless
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into 5mm slices
- 4 asparagus spears, sliced into 3cm batons
- If you are using wooden, rather than metal skewers, soak them for 15 minutes first
- Cut the salmon into 2.5cm cubes
- Mix the olive oil, oregano, chilli flakes, pepper, garlic and sesame flakes, add the salmon, toss and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate
- Prepare the BBQ for direct cooking over medium heat (180-230C)
- Thread the salmon, asparagus and lemon slices onto your skewers
- Grill the salmon skewers over direct heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Use a metal spatula to carefully turn the skewers and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes on the other side, or, until they are cooked to your liking.
- Alternatively – if you have an Elevations Grill Pack – which is suitable for gas barbecues only, cook the salmon and asparagus skewers over an indirect medium heat (190 – 230C) for 15 minutes. You will not need to turn the skewers during cooking.
This is just one of dozens of Weber BBQ recipes from easy to difficult, the range of foods you can prepare, and cook are amazing – Smoked Beef Ragu, Caramel Apple Pies, Super Soft Bread Rolls, Smoked Rainbow Trout, Vegemite Sausage Rolls and so much more.
Entertaining is a breeze with a Weber BBQ!
- Get your BBQ summer ready with these accessories
- Let’s talk portable BBQs
- Start summer with a new Weber BBQ
- It’s nearly BBQ Season – is it time for an upgrade?
- A close look at our charcoal BBQ options
- Our Weber Smokers in Focus